Job Title: Aquaculture Biologist-Technical Sales
Reports to: Sales Operations Manager
The Aquaculture Biologist position is responsible providing product support , general aquaculture industry information, managing customer interactions and ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction. The Aquaculture Biologist will act as a technical sales expert when they interact with customers to analyze customer needs and provide technical support for PAES product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Support the PAES contact center and inside sales team on product related technical questions
· Support the goal of increasing sales by improving overall technical understanding of products within the contact center in order to facilitate up-selling of additional products
· Effectively communicate with customers directly to assist with product specifications, sizing, and application
· Answer phones and provide technical assistance with product applications to both customers and co-workers
· Provide price quotes for products in a timely and accurate manner that is consistent with PAES pricing objectives
· Respond to all incoming data specifically faxes, electronic mail, conventional mail, and other sales related documentation in a timely and accurate manner
· A thorough understanding of products related to all forms of aquaculture and aquaponics, with an emphasis on recirculating aquaculture systems
· Proven ability to manage and execute sales within the industry or related technical sales experience
· Excellent organizational and communication skills are required
· Must have ability to work independently while handling a wide variety of projects and able to prioritize them effectively
· Ability to remain in control, professional, and empathetic while handling customer interactions
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
· Skilled at navigating through multiple applications
EDUCATION AND/OR QUALIFICATIONS
A four-year BA/BS Degree in a Biology, Chemistry, Marine Science, Fisheries Science, Oceanography or Limnology. Industry experience would be advantageous.
Demonstrated proficiency in written (Microsoft Office suite)
· Able to communicate effectively in the English language.