Aquaculture Shrimp, Senior Scientist/Engineer
BiOWiSH Technologies, Inc. is looking for a highly-motivated individual to fill a challenging and exciting new position in Shrimp Aquaculture, based in Vietnam. In this position, the individual will be responsible for developing, assessing and implementing methods using BiOWiSH™ technologies for improving shrimp production and improve disease resistance. The work will transition technology from Research and Development to Commercialization through validation testing and interfacing between R&D, the BiOWiSH Commercial team, and BiOWiSH partners/clients.
The position reports to the Chief Technology Officer
Overall responsibilities will include product formulation optimization and validation, developing experimental research protocols, managing trials with research partners, working with Commercial and Marketing teams to produce technical literature and marketing materials from research trials, developing best management product usage recommendations and training materials, and providing technical support to the international BiOWiSH Aquaculture Commercial Team and BiOWiSH partners/clients.
This position is based in Vietnam and will require travel throughout Vietnam and Southeast Asia.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
1. Responsible for field application development using an experimental approach in collaboration with industry partners to generate best practice usage protocols for the company’s technologies.
2. Technical support to BiOWiSH Commercial team and BiOWiSH partners/clients as an enabler to significant growth in sales of BiOWiSH Aquaculture products in assigned areas.
3. Provide technical support as required for the overall Aquaculture segment of the Company.
4. Construct application protocols for new product development, application trials, and ongoing technical sales support.
5. Develop technical information and research case studies for marketing purposes.
6. Complete product and application validation testing to support commercialization.
7. Development of technical literature and training materials.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide key interface between R&D and the commercial team in transitioning technical knowledge and technologies into successful commercial product applications.
• Provide feedback and direction to the R&D team in optimizing product performance, form delivery, and cost.
• Maintain intimate knowledge of the respective products, market, competitors and application areas.
• Review and develop best management applications and specific treatment protocols to optimize the performance of BiOWiSH in Aquaculture for shrimp applications within the shortest possible timeframe.
• Provide training to BiOWiSH Commercial Team for product implementation.
• Communicate with Distributor Technical, Distributor Sales Teams and End-Users.
• Submit required activity reports and case studies on a timely basis.
• Other duties as directed by Management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s, or Advanced degree in Aquaculture or Marine Science
• Verbal, written and reading fluency in English.
• High performance technical professional with extensive knowledge of Aquaculture, specifically shrimp.
• A background or knowledge in shrimp pathology is desired, but not required.
• Experience in field application protocol development.
• Strong commercial acumen.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Expertise in the use and application of statistics in Marine Science or Aquaculture.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Bilingual skills in English and a second language, such as Vietnamese is desirable
• Market and customer focused.
• Excellent team player.
• Attention to detail.
• Can work well independently and in a team context.
• Excellent time management and organization skills.
• Advanced computer and internet media skills knowledge.
• Desire for continuous learning.
• Domestic and international travel is required in this role.
• Extensive field visits, including remote area work.
• Limited physical effort required.
• Limited exposure to physical risk.
• Role is based in Vietnam with travel throughout Vietnam and Southeast Asia.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Full Time Contractor