This employer requests that only candidates in Canada apply to this job.
You appear to be located in United States, not Canada, so you will not be able to apply for this job.
Grieg Seafood BC Ltd., a dynamic and growing company in the Aquaculture industry, is seeking to hire a full-time Aquaculture Technician to support our operations on the East Coast of Vancouver Island.
Reporting to the Site Manager, the Aquaculture Technician will work shifts of 8 days in and 6 days out. Working as part of a team, the Aquaculture Technician will be primarily responsible for farm operations including feeding, animal husbandry and security of fish stocks.
• A keen understanding of all fish handling procedures (i.e. grading and splits)
• Understand, enforce, and adhere to all government regulations, farm practices and standard of practices
• A good understanding of feed regimes, feed rates and feed monitoring
• Familiarity with cage and anchoring knowledge and related maintenance
• Environmental and plankton monitoring
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
• Preference will be given to those with previous experience in Aquaculture
• Aquaculture, Marine Biology, or a Bachelor of Science preferred
• Must be physically fit and able to lift or move heavy items
• Well-developed communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills
• Strong teamwork and conflict resolution skills
• Valid certificates for First Aid 1, WHMIS, Forklift, SVOP and Med A3 are an advantage
Closing Date: Friday, November 3rd 2017.
We thank all other applicants for their interest in the position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.