Aquaculture Technician - Part Time, Seasonal
Posted Feb 13
This employer requests that only candidates in Canada apply to this job.
You appear to be located in United States, not Canada.
Please be aware of this if you choose to apply for this job.
Seasonal Part-Time Position - Aquaculture Technician
Icy Waters Ltd, Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada
Start Date: Immediate Opening Rate of pay: $13/h
Come and join us for a truly unique work experience… in aquaculture in the Yukon!
Icy Waters Ltd. is one of the premier Arctic Char farms in the world; dedicated to the development, growth, processing and sale of premium Arctic Charr and “Yukon Gold” Arctic Charr ova. Located in Whitehorse, Yukon, you will be surrounded by outdoor enthusiasts and enjoy a relaxed way of life in a small but cultured city!
We have immediate seasonal, part-time openings for entry level positions.
The positions available are from February to August. Applicants studying aquaculture will be given preference. Accommodations on site may be available.
- Assist with the implementation of technical activities in the Hatchery and/or Tank Farm. These activities may include, but are not limited to, spawning, incubation, egg packing, harvesting, feeding, grading, vaccination, daily husbandry, water quality, record keeping and maintaining a tidy work area.
- Work some weekends and evenings as required by the rotating shifts.
- Follow all Icy Waters Policies and Procedures and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Background or experience in Aquaculture is an asset, but not required.
- Working knowledge of computers, specifically data entry.
- High School Education.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in a cold wet environment and adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Criminal Record Check for the past five years (further security clearance will be required after hire).
Please submit your resume and cover letter.