INMED Partnerships for Children, an international NGO, and its local affiliate, INMED Caribbean, are seeking a Master's level Project Manager with experience in aquaponics operations, production, training, business planning, and value chain / market development to serve in Jamaica for 3 years.
The position will fulfill project management and leadership needs, including technical oversight and execution, stakeholder engagement and team interaction, aquaponics workshop design and training delivery for farmers and extension agents. The position requires an individual who has:
• Master’s degree in a discipline related to sustainable agricultural systems, such as aquaculture, permaculture, aquaponics or similar discipline.
• Experience with the design, building, maintenance and business development of aquaponic systems.
• Experience developing the capacity of emerging market stakeholders through 1) interactive aquaponics training, 2) development of protocols for crop production, management practices and data collection, and 3) design and delivery of related training workshops that successfully transfer knowledge.
• Experience collecting and analyzing data, tracking project design, budgets, implementation, monitoring and evaluation data to fulfill the requirements of targeted outcomes and impact reporting.
• Ability to liaise with government ministries, implementing partners, counterpart donors and marketing and outreach teams to promote the project, develop value chain partners and to obtain maximum benefit and efficient use of resources in the implementation of the project.
• Experience in agricultural commercial business preferable and knowledge of aquaponics farming in a commercial context essential.
• Work experience in emerging markets, preferably some experience in working within the commercial agriculture context in these markets.
• Training and demonstrable experience in agricultural finance schemes preferable.
• Fluent English (spoken and written).
To apply for this immediately available position, please submit cover letter and resume (with references). Salary will be commensurate with experience.