This employer requests that only candidates in Canada apply to this job.
You appear to be located in United States, not Canada, so you will not be able to apply for this job.
Grieg Seafood BC Ltd., a dynamic and growing company in the Aquaculture industry, is seeking to hire a full-time Assistant Site Manager to support our sea site operations on the West Coast of Vancouver Island.
Reporting to the Farm Manager, the Assistant Manager will be responsible for leading the farm team in all on-site operations. Shifts will be 8-days-on and 6-days-off.
• Feeding, animal husbandry, maintaining contractor relationships, site and equipment maintenance, security of fish stocks and adherence to company SOPs, as well as all industry regulation;
• Coordinating and directing work crews;
• Decision-making and developing the farm team;
• Human Resources management activities of the company’s recruitment and onboarding functions;
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Diploma or Degree in Aquaculture, Aquatic Resources or Fisheries Resources Management preferred;
• Minimum two years’ hands-on Aquaculture experience;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite particularly Excel with strong report-writing skills;
• Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, leadership abilities, and problem solving skills.
As part of our commitment to employment excellence, Grieg Seafood offers a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package.
Deadline to apply: Tuesday, December 26th, 2017.
Thank you for your interest in working for Grieg Seafood. Please note that only those shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. Please note applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.