This employer requests that only candidates in Canada apply to this job.
You appear to be located in United States, not Canada, so you will not be able to apply for this job.
Grieg Seafood BC Ltd. is seeking a full-time Barge Labourer to support our sea site farming operations on the east and west coasts of Vancouver Island. This is a shift-work position and will require occasional overtime work.
• Responsible for assisting with installing and removing nets, and moving supplies between sea sites;
• Hands on mechanical maintenance including routine inspections and repairs of machinery/safety equipment to keep vessel up to operating standards;
• Cleaning interior/exterior spaces, splicing or repairing ropes/lines, loading and unloading cargo in a safe manner;
• Being familiar with a variety of documentation including but not limited to Barge logbooks and safety checklists.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Previous experience in the aquaculture industry;
• Fishing Master 4 Certificate or a Limited Master 60 Ton Certificate considered an asset;
• Mechanical training; Hiab (Vessel and Dock Mounted); WHMIS; Marine Advanced First Aid; Restricted Maritime Commercial Radio Operator License;
• Well-developed communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills, as well as teamwork and conflict resolution skills;
• Physically fit and able to lift or move heavy amounts;
• A favourable driver’s licence abstract, fitness assessment, and criminal record check will be required.
As part of our commitment to employment excellence, Grieg Seafood offers a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Deadline to apply: Tuesday, April 3, 2018
Thank you for your interest in working for Grieg Seafood. Please note that only those shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. Please note applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.