Annex Business Media has a unique opportunity for an experienced editor to lead the content charge in two high-growth sectors - Canada’s emerging commercial cannabis industry and the world’s aquaculture business.
With a seemingly endless demand for protein to feed an expanding population, this is an exciting time for the world’s aquaculture industry. Hatchery International (HI) is the only global media brand covering the enhancement, early-rearing and recirculation sector of the aquaculture industry - think wee fish. HI is where livestock meets modern manufacturing, with topics spanning breeding, nutrition, water quality, markets, health management and sustainability.
Coming off its successful launch issue, Grow Opportunity is committed to the success of the commercial cannabis grower. It combines technical growing advice on everything from nutrition and lighting to pest management and yield. It also helps readers navigate the evolving landscape around policy, markets, and distribution - the business of cannabis.
In this role, you will work with contributors from around the world to drive the high quality, technical content that our readers need to help drive their businesses. The editor of these brands will be a master of analysis and synthesis, helping chart a course in two rapidly-changing industries.
You will also join Canada’s leading B2B media company, where our values and unique culture help us consistently outperform the industry
What you will do:
- Develop products around industry-leading content, choosing the best platform to make these “must-read” brands.
- Partner with freelance writers and industry contributors, edit copy from industry experts, and ensure the quality and timeliness of online content.
- Drive our digital products, including websites, e-news, social media, video, webinars and more in our quest to reach readers wherever they are.
- Attend industry events to better connect with your market and audience.
- Help create content and marketing around possible workshops and conferences.
- Build and foster relationships with industry associations and partners.
- Innovate and act on emerging trends and needs within the media world and new technologies in your industry.
What the ideal Annex candidate looks like:
- In addition to a degree/diploma in journalism or related field, you have a minimum of three-years’ experience in editing, writing or journalism.
- Experience covering technical or business sectors is an asset.
- Proven comfort with all forms of media communication, including print, websites, video and social media.
- Ability to work together to achieve the best results and proven can do/will do attitude. You take ownership over all you do.
- Great organizational abilities, as well as strong computer skills.
- Outgoing personality and comfort in social settings.
- Track record of going above and beyond to deliver the unexpected.
- Willingness to adapt in a constantly evolving media business.
What we offer:
You’ll enjoy the progressive benefits, continuing education opportunities and great office environment you’d expect from a media innovator. You’ll also get the chance to work with a media group that knows the business inside and out. You will appreciate the autonomy to get the job done, as well as the support and encouragement to launch your best ideas.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resumé, and links to writing samples to, firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to apply is February 1, 2018