Fish Culture Technician
Do you have in-depth knowledge of fish culture management and enjoy working within a team environment? If so, consider this opportunity with the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry to apply your technical knowledge and fish culture experience as a Fish Culture Technician.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• conduct and monitor fish culture activities
• plan and implement fish culture projects
• operate and maintain highly technical equipment
• meet station’s goals and objectives
• provide leadership and technical direction
How do I qualify?
• You must possess a valid class 'G' driver's licence and the ability to obtain a class 'D' licence with a 'Z' endorsement.
• You have knowledge of the Ontario Fish Culture Program, such as rehabilitating native fish populations and enhancing natural reproduction.
• You have knowledge of aquaculture and working experience with fish culture.
• You have knowledge and experience in project management.
• You have knowledge and understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and associated safety regulations.
• You have knowledge and understating of fish culture and aquaculture operations.
• You have working knowledge of computer applications such as spreadsheets, databases, word processing, and communications software, as well as data entry and analysis.
• You have strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to deal effectively with various client groups.
• You can serve as a Fish Culture Station representative at meetings or on committees.
• You have experience working in a team environment.
• You possess working knowledge of facility maintenance and repair.
• You are able to interpret and apply relevant legislation.
Salary Range: $23.23 - $25.86 per hour
• 1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months (with possibility of extension), Dorion Fish Culture Station, Dorion, North Region
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 108550, by Tuesday, July 11, 2017. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.