We are seeking a Production Planner to join the Marine Harvest Canada production team. This position will be responsible for the development of short and long-term biological production plans – from egg to harvest, with a focus on optimal volume of high quality harvest fish. This exciting position will require strong cross-departmental liaison and requires a candidate who has a solid understanding of salmon biology and production process from freshwater through saltwater grow-out.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Atlantic salmon aquaculture.
• Post-secondary qualification in a science or technology related field.
• An understanding of biological planning or modelling would be an asset
• Experience with Mercatus AquaFarmer/AquaFuture system is desirable
• Exceptional planning skills.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently, as well as part of a team.
• Good computer skills (Word, Excel and Outlook).
• Ability to generate high quality reports and interpret production information desirable
The chosen applicant will be a self-motivated individual with good communication skills. The position will be based in Campbell River, BC but the candidate should be flexible and able to occasionally travel to any of our production sites.
Closing date: January 20th, 2018
To be considered for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume online at: http://marineharvest.ca/...le/employment-postings/