This employer requests that only candidates in Canada apply to this job.
You appear to be located in United States, not Canada, so you will not be able to apply for this job.
Grieg Seafood BC Ltd., a dynamic and growing company in the Aquaculture industry, is seeking to hire a full-time Regulatory and Community Affairs Specialist. Reporting to the Regulatory and Compliance Director, the Regulatory and Community Affairs Specialist will support the activities of the Regulatory and Compliance function with primary accountability for the preparation and management of simple and complex regulatory submissions.
• Communicate operational and regulatory issues or perceived risks to operations to the Managing Director, Regulatory and Compliance Director and other staff as appropriate;
• Work closely with the other staff in successful implementation and management of the company’s environmental and regulatory requirements;
• Interface with internal divisions, regulatory groups and consultants in the preparation, review, compilation, finalization, submission of documents and public notifications in a timely manner;
• Develop and manage technical documentation related to submissions;
• Manage public consultation activities, communications, and education plans;
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Degree in Regulatory Affairs, Business Administration, Environmental studies or equivalent;
• Two (2) years of direct experience in regulatory management preferably in an industrial setting with fisheries, aquaculture and water quality risks and/or a marine setting or equivalent;
• Proficient in MS Office Suite;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Ability to perform effectively under pressure and manage multiple priorities;
• Problem solving ability with a readiness to handle work of greater complexity;
• Sound knowledge of both scientific and management principles with respect to environmental protection. Broad knowledge of all local, provincial and federal regulations pertaining to aquaculture and First Nations consultation and engagement requirements.
As part of our commitment to employment excellence, Grieg Seafood offers a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package.
Deadline to apply: Thursday, December 7th, 2017
Thank you for your interest in working for Grieg Seafood. Please note that only those shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. Please note applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.