Located along the beautiful coastal waters of Vancouver Island, Cermaq Canada Ltd. is a salmon farming company focused on operational excellence. With our skilled team, we strive for a high quality product achieved through sustainable aquaculture practices. Our award winning safety culture and opportunities to develop and grow within the company makes Cermaq a great place to build a career.
Hoping to build your aquaculture career? Cermaq Canada is currently looking for two full-time permanent Saltwater Production Site Managers to join our saltwater production team. We have an opportunity for one manager for the east coast and one manager for the west coast of Vancouver Island.
As a Saltwater Production Site Manager you will be responsible for providing leadership to your team while managing all activities and infrastructure on site while minimizing risk to company assets.
Status: Full-time permanent position.
Shift: This is a camp-based position with 8 days on-shift and 6 days off.
Benefits: Competitive salary and great benefits plan (including BC Medical Services Plan, extended health, dental, vision, AD&D, LTD, and a matching RRSP plan) after successful completion of probation.
What You Will Be Doing:
• Provides leadership and direction to the saltwater production team from smolt to harvest to ensure that production remains on budget and within targets.
• Under the direction of management, this position makes adjustments to the production schedule as needed to maximize productivity.
• Implements, monitors, and reports on programs that improve the health and safety of the work team and of the salmon with the goal of meeting and exceeding the regulatory compliance.
• You have completed a minimum of two complete cycles of experience working on a farm sea site, including smolt entries, bloom season, and harvesting.
• You possess strong leadership skills and the ability to foster an efficient work team.
• You have proven critical thinking and creative problem solving skills.
• You thrive in a dynamic environment and have the ability to adjust and adapt quickly and efficiently to changes.
• You are known for your good communication skills.
• Excellent computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office and Excel.
• Preference will be given to candidates with a diploma or degree in aquaculture or a related field of study.
• Prerequisite to hiring include a physical fitness assessment and criminal record check.
• Some regional travel may be required.
• Only applicants who are legally allowed to work in Canada will be considered.
How to Apply:
If your qualifications meet the application requirements and you would like to apply for this opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter in person, by fax, or by e-mail, stating “Saltwater Production Site Manager (East Coast)” in the subject line by December 29, 2017 to: Office: 203-919 Island Highway, Campbell River | Fax: 250-286-0042 | Email address see below
Cermaq Canada is an equal opportunities employer who provides a workplace that is free of discrimination.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.