AKVA group is a technology partner and supplier of advanced technology and services to the aquaculture industry worldwide.
The North American division of AKVA group with its offices in Campbell River, BC is seeking to fill a full time position(s) of Sevice Technician
The successful applicant (s) will be responsible for a wide variety of duties related to support the onsite installation, maintenance and repair of aquaculture technology and equipment.
- Required High School Diploma and Post-Secondary study in Aquaculture or technology (electronics, electrical, electromechanics)
- 2 years of experience in operating marine or fresh water farms or maintaining electromechanical equipment
- Strong mechanical/electronic aptitude
- Comfortable with computer networking and electronic systems
- Ability to understand the day to day operations on a fish farm, routine maintenance, problem solving.
- Operation of electrical and electronic equipment such as feeding systems, underwater sensors, camera systems etc.
- Skilled in standard software including Microsoft Excel, Word, etc. and aptitude to learn and work with various industry specific software products.