AKVA group is a technology partner and supplier of advanced technology and services to the aquaculture industry worldwide.
The North American division of AKVA group with its located in Campbell River is seeking to fill a full time position(s) of:
The successful applicant (s) will be responsible for a wide variety of duties related to support the onsite installation, maintenance and repair of aquaculture technology and equipment.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Required High School Diploma and Post-Secondary study in Aquaculture or technology (electronics, electrical, electromechanics)
- Ideally 2 years of experience in operating marine or fresh water farms or maintaining electromechanical equipment
- Strong mechanical/electronic aptitude
- Comfortable with computer networking and electronic systems
- Ability to understand the day to day operations on a fish farm, routine maintenance, problem solving.
- Operation of electrical and electronic equipment such as feeding systems, underwater sensors, camera systems etc.
- Skilled in standard software including Microsoft Excel, Word, etc. and aptitude to learn and work with various industry specific software products.
We are looking for a professional who is:
- Interested in working in the outdoors, especially on the water
- A responsible team player
- Interested in technology, field work and is comfortable working on customer sea sites.
- Committed and self-motivated with very good organizational skills.