Treatment Manager (West Coast, Vancouver Island)
Located along the beautiful coastal waters of Vancouver Island, Cermaq Canada Ltd. is a salmon farming company focused on operational excellence. With our skilled team, we strive for a high quality product achieved through sustainable aquaculture practices. Our award winning safety culture and opportunities to develop and grow within the company makes Cermaq a great place to build a career.
Cermaq Canada is currently looking to fill the full time position of a Treatment Manager for our Tofino Saltwater operations. This position’s primary responsibly will be for the operation and supervision of the new Hydrolicer barge, associated activities, and crew. The position may also be responsible for the supervision of carrying out the daily tasks associated with other lice treatment methods.
As the Treatment Manager, you will receive a competitive salary on a pay-for-performance system, a corporate bonus program, and premium company benefits including a matching retirement fund after successfully completing the probationary period.
• Strong mechanical aptitude and knowledge of vessel systems including power, plumbing, pumps, and electrical systems.
• Knowledge and experience in fish production and fish health required.
• Past experience in a supervisory role and the ability to lead and manage a team.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong computer skills.
• Willingness to work outdoors in various weather conditions.
• Strong planning and organizational skills.
• A safety-oriented mindset with proven problem solving, teamwork, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Camp-based position; exact schedule to be determined. Schedule is 80-hours bi-weekly.
• Ability to travel internationally for training and to farm sites as needed.
• Prerequisite to hiring include a physical fitness assessment and criminal record check.
• International and regional travel required.
• Only applicants who are legally allowed to work in Canada will be considered.
How to Apply:
If your qualifications meet the application requirements and you would like to apply for this opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter in person, by fax, or by e-mail, stating “Treatment Manager” in the subject line by June 29, 2018 to: Office: 203-919 Island Highway, Campbell River | Fax: 250-286-0042 | E-mail: to the email address provided.
Cermaq Canada is an equal opportunities employer who provides a workplace that is free of discrimination.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.